The Greene Group has been in continuous operation in Warren, Pennsylvania, since its founding in 1904 by G.G. Greene, Sr. The original line of stamped metal products for farming included a top-selling hame fastner for horses. When company leadership passed to Glenn Greene, Jr. the company expanded into a wide range of commercial and defense related products, including high-volume production of ordnance and cartridge holders during World War II.
In the 1970's, under the leadership of Craig A. Greene, the Greene Group opened several new manufacturing divisions and expanded to the West Coast serving a broad and diverse customer base. In 1997, in response to growing demand for precision metal parts in the high technology and electronics markets, Alexis (Greene) Willingham formed Southwest Greene International, Inc., located in Oceanside, CA.
In 2004, the Greene Group acquired Britt Manufacturing in Port Huron, Michigan, adding important metal and ceramic injection molding capabilities.
Today the Oceanside location serves as the Greene Group's corporate headquarters. Each business unit continues to grow and expand its capabilities to better serve its customers.